Program Manager sought
Program Manager – Government Contracts
Vescent Photonics seeks an experienced Government Contracts Program Manager to join our Operations team. The candidate will be responsible for managing and directing the daily execution of Research and Development contract requirements to ensure that cost, schedules and performance goals are met. The right candidate is one who can plan and manage multiple program’s objectives simultaneously and assess the impacts on the company’s long-term goals.
Vescent is a leading designer and manufacturer of precision lasers, frequency combs, and control electronics for use in atom cooling, quantum sensing, and other optical physics applications. Located in Golden, CO, Vescent presents an excellent opportunity for career growth in the optical sciences industry as well as access to urban culture and outdoor recreation. Close to the University of Colorado, Denver, Boulder, and the Rocky Mountains, a career at Vescent is a highly desirable employment opportunity. Benefits include PTO, health/dental insurance, and participation in the company 401k and phantom stock plans.
- Manage and direct the daily execution of contract requirements to ensure that cost, schedules and performance goals are met.
- Provide interface, communication and coordination with internal team members and external customers on matters pertaining to existing contracts and bid and proposal activities.
- Participate as a team member on bid and proposal activities. Prepare budgets and supporting documentation for these proposals.
- Prepare for and lead contract/subcontract negotiations. While representing the company’s interests, ensure adherence to all government regulatory guidance.
- Develop and implement plans and schedules to execute contracts/subcontracts. Allocate and control contract budgets for labor, materials, travel, and purchased services. Report program status to senior management on a monthly basis.
- Formally identify, assess, monitor and mitigate risk throughout the program life cycle. Obtain management approval prior to making decisions that will cause deterioration of established program, cost and schedule objectives.
- Develop and implement corrective action plans when deviations from budgets and/or schedules are evident. Seek senior management assistance in resolving schedule and budget problems as they arise.
- Verify that conduct of contract requirements is executed in accordance with appropriate regulations and company policies and procedures (i.e.: federal acquisition regulations).
- Provide leadership to program team. Ensure communication and cooperation among team members and resolve areas of conflict.
- Ensure a timely closeout of completed programs, that all obligations are satisfied, and that program documentation is properly recorded.
- Understand impact of cash flow management on program management.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in engineering, computer science, math, physics or related scientific discipline, or management information systems from an accredited university.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience managing multiple, technical programs including budgetary responsibility, planning and estimating workload requirements, and communicating and interfacing with DoD customers.
- Expert knowledge of program management tools and procedures.
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and DoD procurement policies and procedures.
- S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certificate
- Solid leadership and management skills, particularly the ability to inform management and manage conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Experience throughout the program lifecycle from development through sustainment, including proposal development, requirements analysis, subcontract management, risk management, cost management and performance improvement efforts.
- Experience in finance, contracting, export regulations, engineering and supply chain management.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams in project-based environment.
- Successful track record in managing aerospace/defense programs as a prime or subcontractor.
Please send your resume and a cover letter to jobs (at) vescent (dot) com. Your cover letter should express how your skills, qualifications, and interests address the job description. Applications without a resume and cover letter will not be considered. Vescent Photonics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.