D2-250 Heterodyne Module
D2-250 heterodyne module for creating and collecting an optical beat note between two similar-wavelength cw lasers
- Now with kinematic adjustments for fast, easy alignment!
- Conveniently overlap master & slave lasers to produce optical beat note
- Large range of power input
- “Pass-through” beam input configuration
- Optical beat note delivered to detection module via fiber
- Works with multimode fiber for easy alignment or single mode fiber for maximum signal
- Free-space beat note monitor exit for easy alignment
- Accessory to D2-135 OPLS
- Also useful with other heterodyne detection schemes
The D2-250 Heterodyne Module is designed to conveniently overlap two lasers to produce an optical beat note. New kinematic adjustment mounts make it easier and faster than ever to co-align master and slave lasers. The use of rotatable waveplates at the inputs and polarizing beam splitters allows adjustment of pick off a percentage for accepting a large range of powers.
After conversion of the optical beat note to an electrical signal by the D2-260 Beat Note Detector or another fast detector, the electrical signal is delivered to the D2-135 Offset Phase Lock Servo, which compares the divided-down beat note with either an internal or user-supplied reference signal, and locks the slave laser tightly to maintain the desired offset from the master. The D2-250 is easy to align and only requires a small percentage of the total laser power from the two lasers.
|Wavelength Range||700-1,100 nm|
|Dimensions||5.0 x 2.6 x 1.7"|