12 April 2021
Vescent Photonics is a dynamic and growing electro-optics manufacturer located in Golden, CO. Our products enable next-generation quantum systems including quantum-computers, atomic clocks, matter-density sensors, and others. We seek to hire a full-time, entry-level Production Technician to assist with various aspects within our manufacturing department. A successful candidate will be a competent multitasker with a strong work ethic, high attention to detail, and enthusiasm to learn. Our fast-paced, collaborative work environment affords ample opportunities for skill development and internal mobility. This position will report to the Production Manager.
- Package finished products and prepare necessary documentation for worldwide shipment
- Count, inspect, and log incoming components and materials from outside vendors
- Perform functional testing, calibration, and light troubleshooting of assembled PCBs
- Operate laser marking machine
- Assemble electronic products per written instructions
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Computer proficiency (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Excellent dexterity, fine motor skills, and ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Reliable transportation
- Familiarity with electronics and test equipment (multimeter, oscilloscope, etc.)
- Experience soldering and replacing through-hole and surface mount components
- Working knowledge of the safe operation of light fabrication equipment (dremel, belt sander, laser engraver, etc)
Must be US citizen or permanent resident. Vescent Photonics offers competitive wages and a generous benefits package.
Please send your resume and a cover letter to jobs (at) vescent (dot) com. Your cover letter should express how your skills, qualifications, and interests address the job description. Vescent Photonics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.